Roman is managing our office in Estonia. Roman is also responsible for Chain of Custody Programme management and development of our training systems, both internal and external.
Roman’s primary role within NEPCon is to manage our business activities in Estonia. He also has a key role in development of FSC and PEFC Chain of Custody Certification Programme, ensuring that our team has world’s most credible and at the same time most operationally optimal tools to provide auditing services in our business area. To have entire picture and well-working system he is leading our training department as well.
Roman has working experience from wood industry. He has passed the SmartWood lead assessor training course in Chain of Custody and Forest Management certification. Over the years Roman has conducted more than 200 CoC assessment and audits in Estonia and abroad.
Roman has gained a MSc degree in Forest Industry from Estonian University of Life Sciences. Additionally he has passed one-year course in forest management, forest policy and forest certification within International MSc programme EUROFORESTER in Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.
He has been working in NEPCon since 2007.
I like being in the nature, fishing, hiking with my family and friends, watching birds and animals. All this can change or even become impossible if we do not start thinking about our future and practice sustainable behaviour. I believe that humankind has a high potential to do that and NEPCon team is here to help.
- Ten years of professional experience with FSC and PEFC certification
- Senior level technical knowledge of CoC systems
- Broad experience with development and conducting internal and external training courses
- Expert knowledge of forest and timber industry
- Holds ISO 14001 and 18001 lead auditor certificates
- Countries worked in: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Denmark, Finland, Russia, United States, United Kingdom, France, Bulgaria, Romania, Malaysia, Vietnam and Ghana.
- Languages spoken: English, Russian and Estonian