Nonetheless, living up to the EUTR requirements is still a challenge for companies across Europe. We would like to offer the industry, authorities as well as other stakeholders the opportunity to participate in a free international conference on 15th of March near London. Join us for this final event of our ‘Supporting Legal Timber Trade’ project. This free of charge, one-day event will help you (subject to change):
- avoid common due diligence pitfalls
- gain access to insights on key risks and how to deal with them
- understand how the enforcement authorities evaluate your performance
- understand how conducting quality due diligence makes good business sense
- promote your compliance
- gain an overview of the vast jungle of free info and tools available and how to use them
- plan for future sourcing
- understand how technological advances in timber traceability and verification can help improve the efficiency and credibility of your due diligence system
- connect and exchange experiences with timber-related companies, trade associations, technical experts and relevant organisations from across Europe
Preliminary agenda (subject to change)
EUTR Implementation and enforcement
We’ll hear from enforcement officials and a variety of industry players about their experience with implementing the regulation. What have been the main milestones, challenges and success stories over the past five years? Speakers already confirmed:
- Regulatory Delivery (UK Competent Authority)
- Robert Weich, Sales & Group Compliance Manager, Tradelink Wood Products
- Stuart Taylor, Outsourcing Manager, Ercol
- More to be announced
There’s free information and tools out there but what is it? How can it be used in a due diligence process? We’ll look at some of the key platforms and discuss how they can be used together. Speakers already confirmed:
- Pedro Moura Costa, Founder and President, BVRio Environmental Exchange
- Christian Sloth, Responsible Sourcing Programme Manager, NEPCon
- More to be announced.
We’ll explore emerging topics, ranging from new technology and innovative ways of using existing technology helping companies conduct due diligence to communicating compliance. Speakers already confirmed:
- Charlie Watkinson, Operations Manager, Agroisolab UK
- David Hopkins, Managing Director, Timber Trade Federation
- More to announced.
The conference will take place at WWF's inspirational Living Planet Centre just 30 minutes from central London. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Details to be announced soon.
Sign up for this free event in the below registration form. P.S. Can’t join in person? Sign up anyway to join the livestreaming and receive presentation slides from the day. Just mark "Attending via livestream" below.
For any queries please contact Ann Weddle on email@example.com or +44 7491 812337.
This event is organised by NEPCon and funded by the LIFE Programme of the European Union and UK Aid from the UK government.