NEPCon is looking for a passionate colleague with timber industry or forestry background to be trained in our internal training programme, with the aim of becoming a great Auditor in various international traceability standards.
As Auditor your main tasks will be to plan, conduct and administer chain-of-custody (i.e. supply chain) audits within the standards of the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®), the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) and others, amongst our Latvian clients.
Your job as Auditor will be to impartially evaluate whether the business clients live up to the standards, based on client interviews, client site visits and samples, and to identify any non-conformities. In order to plan and conduct an audit, you must be able to gather and analyse internal and external information related to the clients and their internal business processes, and evaluate them against the standards. The main task of this position is auditing, but the position is multi-faceted and also includes:
- Supporting the coordination and execution of traceability audits in Latvian businesses.
- Planning and executing audits according to your audit schedule.
- Writing audit reports presenting the findings.
- Developing strong technical expertise in FSC/PEFC standards, and keeping your expertise up-to-date.
- Managing questions and disputes related to evaluations and clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
You will be joining a local team of 5 colleagues working with auditing in Latvia, and the rest of the 100+ NEPCon staff worldwide.
It is an advantage, but not a requirement, that you are already familiar and have practical experience with auditing and FSC/PEFC traceability standards. What is important is the willingness to become a great auditor!
To be considered for this position you must have a vocational education within the timber processing or timber trading industry, or a degree in biology, management of nature resources or forestry; and on top of that 3+ years of work experience in the timber processing or timber trading sector, or related field.
In addition to this,
- You are fluent in (written and spoken) Latvian and also very good in (written and spoken) English, as this is our organisational language.
- You are a proficient user of the MS Office package and have a good understanding of administrative IT systems as this is a part of our everyday work.
As an auditor, you will need to find the balance between serving the clients and at the same time not compromising the independent role of an auditor. You therefore, as a person, have a high level of integrity and business ethics combined with customer service skills. On top of that,
- You are an open and friendly person, who likes – and are good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- You have an analytical approach, so you are able to identify non-conformity with the standards.
- You possess a high level of self-discipline, an ability to organise and manage yourself and your time, as well as making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently (often remotely from your colleagues) and meet deadlines.
- You are a robust and structured person, who has demonstrated that you can balance multiple tasks and still deliver all in time.
- You have good conflict solving skills.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organization.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position refers to our Deputy Director of Traceability
- Working location: NEPCon’s Riga office or home office, and on the road
- Salary commensurate with qualifications
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 31 March 2018 via the form below.
We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis until we have identified the right candidate, so send us your application as soon as possible.
If you have questions about the position, please contact: Liene Suveizda, email: email@example.com, telephone: +371 2659 4920.
NEPCon wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.